Our clients are primarily private registered providers of social housing, but we also work for local authorities, and other charities and faith based organisations housing individuals: essentially organisations with a social purpose like us. The team are passionate about delivering excellent technical advice to those clients, delivered in a way that is practical and embedded in the sector.
Our work is very varied and includes:
- Drafting and reviewing occupancy agreements and policies and procedures;
- Advice on compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements in a landlord and tenant context, including assisting clients in resolving breaches and dealing with the Regulator of Social Housing;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating management and service level agreements;
- Advising on all aspects of rent and service charges, including implementation of reviews and Tribunal cases (covering service charge challenges and dispensation applications). This also includes understanding the housing benefit and universal credit regime; and
- Preparation and delivery of seminars/training sessions, as part of the Firm's training programme, bespoke sessions for clients and at national conferences run by sector bodies.
The position would be to support Emma Hardman, Senior Associate (co-author of the sector leading guide on service charges and estate rent charges for housing associations) in delivering housing management advice, with a great opportunity to become involved in business development across the Housing sector. The successful candidate would also take on line management responsibilities for some of the team members, playing a key role in the development of juniors.
- housing management experience and a strong understanding of property law;
- an ability to adapt to new areas of law, recognising that housing management can change frequently;
- strong communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to translate technical legal issues into clear and practical advice to clients;
- excellent attention to detail;
- experience in managing and developing people;
- ideally experience working for registered providers (but not essential); and
- ideally an alignment with the Firm's social purpose.
To apply please visit our WEBSITE